Friday, December 5, 2008

pajama tea parties

yawn. i've been fighting off an illness, cooking, and managing 7 little pre-pre-teen girls all day long...so i'm pretty much dead tired.
today was my little sister's party for her 10th birthday. i think i've mentioned that i'm a party planner in my last post. anyway, i was in charge of the whole thing. we did a pajama tea party, mostly so i could try out some recipies for my own tea party. i guess i don't spend nearly as much time as i thought around little girls. for some reason there were all so...annoying! but at the same time i thought that they were are wonderful and perfectly hillarious and i got along pretty well with all of them. sure, some of them could be quieter. but i was a really annoying and loud 10-year-old, so i can hardly get upset at them.
the food was mostly a hit. a few of the girls are really picky. i really, really liked the raspberry tart i made. i didn't even think of getting a photo of it untill it was gone, so sorry. but i will be making another one for my upcoming christmas party and i'll be sure to snap a pic then.
of course, that is me assuming that you want to see a picture of the food that i make.
tomorrow is my brother's 7th birthday party. yeah, their birthdays are really close. tomorrow is his acutal birthday too, so it makes it extra special. it's going to be a pirate treasure hunt. i'm actually really excited for this one.
this all means that i'm not allowed to get sick until after 3:00 tomorrow. so wish me luck.
come on, immune system. survive! you can do it!

1 comment:

Ari said...

Don't be sick!

That's funny. I think I was a very quiet 10 year old . . . no, I was popular in 5th grade. I wasn't that quiet. Anyways, good luck party planning! I used to plan birthday parties and I had a Halloween party once that was amazing! I need to start doing that again.